|Frozen Banana Pops, by Liv|
In addition, we have been approached by "the people" at the CSN Store to give away a $35 gift card (available to residents of the United States or Canada only) good at any of their many stores. With Liv's Banana Pops looking so cheery, we couldn't help but combine the two events. So now I will turn over the keyboard to Liv and we will finish up about the give away at the bottom.
It was a hot summer day in September and I was seeking a cold, yummy treat. Of course it had to have sugar in it. I’ve loved sugar since, well, forever! I even remember one time when I was a little girl and I was at a Girl Scout meeting and my mom was the leader. We were going around saying what our favorite food was, "Mine is pasta.” said my friend. "Mine is pizza." said my other friend. Then it was my turn and I said, "Mine is sugar!" and I didn’t mean in candy, no. I meant sugar, pure sugar!
So for this hot summer day in fall, I decided to make Frozen Chocolate Covered Banana Lollipops with sprinkles (of course). Luckily we had two perfect bananas. I peeled them and cut them into chunks. Then I chopped milk chocolate and melted it. I put a lollipop stick in each chunk and dipped it into the chocolate! And for the grand finale I dipped the chocolate covered banana chunks in sprinkles!!!!! After that, we froze them and finally ate them!! They were sugarlicous!!!!!!!!!!:D
-----------------------------------------------Now for the $45 Giftcard Giveaway!! I'm sure many of you are already familiar with the CSN Stores, but for those of you who are not, CSN is a network of stores with products covering all ends of the spectrum. From end tables to game rooms to patio and garden, and of course, kitchen and cooking, they have it all. My son was immediately disappointed that we didn't choose to put the gift card to use on a new air hockey table - he was quick to point out that the price was not only a good deal but they were offering free shipping as well (he's learning!). Liv discovered Halloween Costumes for the pups, who were immediately thrilled that we decided to give the giftcard to one of you instead, and I, well, I won't fill you in on just how easy it is to get lost among 2,198 bakeware items...
Here are Liv's housekeeping rules:
- You must be from the United States or Canada (actually that's CSN's rule)
- To enter the giveaway we are not asking for anything other than a comment letting us know about a food that "helps you Liv Life in a yummier way!" (Liv's idea!)
- We would love and appreciate a "like" on our Liv Life Facebook page, a link back to this post any way, or a sign up for our RSS or email feeds, but none of those are necessary to enter.
- The contest will close as of noon, Pacific Standard Time, Sunday, October 10, 2010.
- All names will be placed in our favorite mixing bowl, stirred with a wooden spoon and chosen at random by Liv.
- We will then send your contact information to Jamie at CSN and he will send you a $45 giftcard!